We were extremely proud to be certified by SALSA back in 2014, recognising our efforts to exceed industry standards and push a little further for 'best practice', ensuring our butchering and production practices are not only safe but produce the best charcuterie possible.
But we can't rest on our laurels! As you can see from our certificate, we must keep up the good work and ensure we meet the same high standards for our next audit in March/April of 2018.
The audit takes into account our health and safety measures across the entire business, from production and packaging through to distribution to retailers and delivery to direct customers via our web shop.
If you have any questions or are interested in buying wholesale and would like to visit our production kitchen, please get in touch here.
Some information from SALSA:
SALSA is a food-safety standard written by experienced food safety experts to reflect both the legal requirements of producers and the enhanced expectations of 'best practice' of professional food buyers.
SALSA certification is only granted to suppliers who are able to demonstrate to an auditor that they are able to produce safe and legal food and are committed to continually meeting the requirements of the SALSA standard.
The SALSA standard was written by experienced food safety experts to reflect both the legal requirements of producers and the enhanced expectations of 'best practice' of professional food buyers. Approval certification is only granted to suppliers who are able to demonstrate to a SALSA auditor that they are able to produce safe and legal food and are committed to continually meeting the requirements of the SALSA standard.
- Safe Food First - above all else, the SALSA scheme exists to encourage and assist small and micro businesses to implement practices and controls that produce food that is consistently safe
- Affordability - we will aim to provide services and solutions that are affordable; but also of the best possible value for its members.
- Supportive and Constructive Relationships - We pride ourselves on the supportive nature of the relationship we build with our members. Our aim is to support, encourage and help develop small businesses as they grow.
- Practical and Focussed Guidance - Through our broad base of mentors we aim to provide clear, practical and relevant advice to businesses, not general or theoretical answers.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Our relationship with members is based on a collaborative approach. We work with members as is part of their team.
To learn more about SALSA or register to use their buying directory of assured suppliers, click here.